The Limitless Lady is proud to feature Ms. Faith Bynum. Faith is an amazing mother & brilliant CPA who understands the power of self-care. Find out how she is combating fear & preventing burnout in different arenas of her life to create her limitless life in 2019!
1. What does it mean to you to live a "limitless life"?
Living a "limitless life" means to give myself the permission to live in my true authenticity. This has been the purest form of freedom that I have ever experienced. I have been intentional in exemplifying this in both my professional life & personal life, through pursuing my dreams. Now, I am human; therefore, it does not mean that I am without fear all the time. However, as I have gotten older, I have practiced turning fear into fuel as well as learning how to stand on faith as I know that God will guide me on this journey that he has set out for me.
A "limitless life" also, means breaking the chains of anxiety & taking my power back. This has been one of the largest hurdles that I have faced. My first anxiety attack happened at 19 years old & through the years, I have had to fight it with both fists. I was so ashamed of it for a long time; but the more I understood the origin of anxiety, my family history of it & the willingness to face it, I began to see my world open in a beautiful way....a limitless way.
2. As a mother, career woman, & financial advocate, how do you stay balanced? What advice can you offer our Limitless family in terms of self-care in 2019?
I stay balanced through my understanding of the various roles that make up my life. Being a mother is first & foremost & it transcends into everything that I do. My daughter Madison is my top priority. When she was younger, I was adamant about obtaining my Masters degree & CPA license all before she turned 6-years old. There were moments when I felt guilty for not playing with her as much as I felt like I should, but my village of family & mentors encouraged me to strive for my higher education while she was small as she would not remember those years. I am so glad that I invested in my education during that time. Now that she is 12-years old, I can structure my business schedule to accommodate her needs. I also incorporate personal time into my weekly schedule to ensure that I check in with myself as I know that those moments are equally as important.
It is extremely vital to make self-care a priority in 2019. Living day-to-day life has enough stress. It is up to you to set the tone in how you desire for your life to be. Work, goals, aspirations, etc. will always be there waiting on you once you have rejuvenated. A tired mind, body & spirit often produces poor results. It’s vital to be gentle with yourself. Always take the time that you need.
3. You are featured in several podcasts, radio shows, & blogs where you have the opportunity to maximize your message about financial literacy & well-being. How do you decide which platforms are appropriate for your brand & prevent yourself from burning out at the same time?
This came through growth. When I first started my career, I was ECSTATIC when people would ask me to speak. I was filled with joy & gratitude. As I progressed in my experience & the responsibilities of entrepreneurship ensued, I learned how to say one of the most important words in the English dictionary, “NO”. I started becoming more selective as I discovered the messages that I was strongly connected to. I now only talk about the things that I am passionate about. I had to let go of feeling that I was disappointing people if I did not speak at their event or be on their Board. I no longer give people quick answers as my mental & physical health are important to me. Burnout is a real thing, & I do not believe that I have to be on every platform in order to be successful; hence, I choose the platforms that are closely connected to my passion of speaking on entrepreneurship & overall life.
4. Finally, what goal or vision have you set for yourself in 2019? What are you doing now to prepare to make this goal or vision a reality?
- My goal for 2019 is to continue & deepen the routine that I started this year. I began a morning routine that consists of reading the bible, a book of choice & short meditation. Starting my day in this fashion has been therapeutic, peaceful & eye-opening. I believe that beginning my day by immediately scrolling through my endless emails, social media, etc. has a way of blocking the wholesome energy needed to prosper. At the end of the day, I owe that to myself.